Monday, February 23, 2009

Entry 8.

Well I'm working on what will more or less be the final draft of 'Subconscious,' which is probably ideal- seeing as the concert is on Friday. After meeting with Clark today to go over the piece, I've got a few things to tweak, but none of them seem to be terribly time consuming:
- Add an eighth rest at the end of bar 3 in the cello part (I found another bar later on that was missing a few rests too)
- Listen to see if the D in the oboe part honks in bars 9 and 12 and edit accordingly. I fixed the one in bar 9 since it was held for three beats, but the one in bar 12 I'm not too worried about.
- The flute part and oboe part, where they have the triplet sixteenth notes need to have spaces in which the player can breathe...Obviously I'm not a wind major seeing as I gave them no chance to do so in the original score. I've got this hald done right now, and will finish doing that once I've posted this.
- maybe have the flute/oboe come in a bit later on the triplet sixteenth notes in some places so it's not so predictable
- no capitolization of the 'C' in crescendo
- add tenuto markings in the flute part in bar 65
- maybe edit the ending, with a few more bars in the piano and don't have it end so suddenly- end with a dotted half rather than an eighth note.
- put bowings in the cello part
- Consider rewriting the piano part for two hands rather than putting it all in one clef. I think I might do this later, but it'd probably take up too much time to do it right now.

Crazy, but it's almost finished. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment